Monday, May 9, 2016

Birthday! Mothers Day! Skype!

Hello family and friends! This week was awesome!

Monday was a chill pday. Laundry, went to Walgreens and got some stuff
and printed off some pictures off of my camera for my family. This guy
asked us if we were printing off naked pictures. Um heck no 😂😳. We
had dinner and a FHE lesson at Joan Taylor's house with some of the
old single members in our ward. It was fun.

Tuesday was my 3 month mark! We did service at the food bank. Stopped
by a few peoples houses. We were going to eat dinner at the Searls but
then the wife got sick but they ordered us pizza and salad anyways and
told us to come pick it up so we did and they got us each a box for
ourselves 😳😆 we took it home and watched Meet The Mormons. Side
note. The Humanitarian guys, daughter is going to be a new missionary
this next transfer! (Another side note, we find out about transfers on
Saturday! They are going to start pulling the sisters up closer to the
philly temple for the temple open house! So anything could happen this
next transfer. I might even be taking over the area! Oh and also, we
aren't actually giving the tours. We'll be doing like a question and
answer type thing)
We had a lesson with Brooke and her daughter Juliet. Taught them the
Plan of Salvation. They had a lot of questions about that. We
committed Juliet to be baptized on the same day as her mom! June 18!

Wednesday all of our return appointments no showed..
We stopped and talked to Amanda Barone about church (she still didn't
come, we had to drop her..) ate dinner at the Engebretsens. Went over
to a less active members house. Super friendly and she wants us over
for dinner sometime.
Oh and it was May 4th and sister Blakes parents sent her a Star Wars
package and we both got Star Wars socks and a journal! And random
other stuff! Haha.

Thursday we had zone training! Had trainings for the zone leaders,
district leader, new castle ward sisters and another set of elders.
Talked about our mission culture, weekly planning, the power of the
spirit in conversion . Lots of good stuff!
Had a lesson with the Limpruns. Talked about Faith. The district
leader and his companion doubled into our area that day and we went to
a lesson with Brooke. Her 18 year old was there and was telling us how
there isn't a god and just kinda argued with us. I kept quiet 😂 it
was just really awkward. We didn't have a dinner appointment so we
went to pats and pasta and brought it back to our apartment.

Friday, weekly planning. Like usual. Had a lesson with the Searls and
talked to the husband about the priesthood. He came to church this
Sunday and he has been coming for 5 weeks now and is considered
reactivated! Yay!
We went over to Tanya and Amoras and sat on their floor for like 45
min while they got ready for the day.. We didn't end up having a
lesson at all.. Lol. Ate dinner at the Hughes again!
We had a lesson with a new person named Dorothy and we taught her the
restoration. She was all over the place.

Saturday was a whole lot of finding and tracking. I think we ate
dinner in our apartment but I don't even remember lol. Nothing really
happened on Saturday that I can remember..

Sunday was my birthday and Mother's Day! It's crazy that I am 20 years
old now.. Weird. I got to open presents before church and sister Blake
made me pancakes 😊 went to church, the primary children sang in
sacrament, it was cute. A member baked me a peanut butter and
chocolate buckeye cake! Delicious! Ate dinner with sister Kinderman. I
helped her bake my cake lol. She put candles in it and sang to me 😊
I got to skype my family!! It was so awesome. Afterwards we got a
sweet text from my mission presidents wife wishing me a happy birthday
and I started crying. But I only cried for a little bit and then I was
fine! I thought I was going to bawl! 😂
It was an awesome day. Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I hope
you mothers out there had a great Mother's Day!

Oh so I saw a Arizona license plate and I had to take a picture of it!
Closest one I have seen to home!! And then a picture of my zone!

The weather here all week was rainy and cold but now the sun is coming out! Yay!

I love you all and sorry for the long email! 😂

Love,
Sister Gronning