Monday, April 24, 2017

The Book of Mickey Mormon

Hello everyone! My new companion is Sister Summers and she is
awesome!! We are like the same person and we are getting a long great!
She is hilarious and a great missionary! She is from South Jordan,
Utah and has 4 siblings. She has been out for 5 months.
So, I was trying to change our voicemail the other day and it took me
like 10 tries and one of the tries I was like "hi you've reached
Sister Gronning and Sister Summers from the church of *pause* crap" πŸ˜‚
I finally just went into the other room and said it πŸ˜‚
This week our District Leader and his companion ran over a squirrel....
and our District Leader said that him and I were tight... um no. Go
away, crazy πŸ˜‚
Monday we ate dinner with the Browns. Their little boy was upset
during dinner and he ended up just wanting to say the prayer. So he
went to say the prayer and he says "name of Jesus Christ amen" and
then his mom puts a binky in his mouth and he just passes out and went
to sleep πŸ˜‚ cutest little boy ever.
Ashley was sending us a bunch of videos of elders doing music videos πŸ˜‚
We went to the Biermanns and shared a prince of peace video with them.
Tuesday was transfers. We went to Broomall at 11:30. I got Sister
Summers and I found out I was the driver 😢 (that didn't last long,
she is now driving hahaha) did I mention that the Assistants double
out?! (One went home and the other one is training in Sister Summers
old area) one of the new assistants is one of my old Zone Leaders!! I
was so pumped!!! Oh and guess who I got to see?! Sister Stubben!
We came home and had lunch and companionship study.
We did a lot of stop bys and finding. Steven cancelled our lesson.
We met a bible referral. We gave her the Bible and a Book of Mormon
and talked about it. She told us we can come back tomorrow and teach
her whole family!!
We ate dinner at our apartment and went over and visited with Sister Collier.
Wednesday after our studies we tried to have a Skype call with our
District Leader for our accountability meeting and it was just not
working so we ended up doing like half on video and then we gave up
and did the rest on the phone haha.
We had a lesson with Brother Santos. He's doing great. We talked about
the restoration and Sister Summers did a cook object lesson.
We did stopped by a few people. We knocked on this less actives house
and we were like "we saw that you were a member and we just wanted to
get to know you" or whatever and he was like "I used to be. Come on
in" he lives with his fiancΓ©e and she is not a member. He told us he
served his mission in Las Vegas. They invited us over for dinner
tomorrow night! They were super nice.
We ate dinner at the Schoendorfers and one if their friends from the
Doylestown ward. Their daughter Hannah just got back from a mission in
Hungary. We learned that there is a place in Illinois called Effingham
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ we laughed for awhile at that haha! Their friend is moving there
lol. Sister Irwin told us that she had more food for us.. so, we went over
there and grabbed bags and bags of food....
Thursday. Conference call- we learned that we will no longer be having
Zone Training 😭 oh and my Zone Conference is the day after my birthday πŸ˜‰
Weekly planning. More stop bys and finding. Ate dinner with the Polsons.
Drove to the church to meet with President Randall and our
investigator Greg. That was fun. At first I was kinda freaking out but
that's okay. That was when I told President that I didn't like driving
and it doesn't help with my stress level and Sister Summers love
driving and it helps her stress level so he switched us right then and
there!
Friday, we had District Meeting. Our District now is how big our Zone
used to be. Us, Doylestown Elders, Pennypack Elders, Morrisville
Sisters, Jarrettown Sisters. Fun stuff.
We came home. Ate lunch. Skyped with the office elders to figure out
Sister Summers wifi on her tablet. That was fun.
We had comp study. Had a lesson about missionary work with Elizabeth.
Went to Sister Colliers house and helped her and we ate pizza. It took
her forever to actually order the pizza haha. She is a funny old lady!
So sassy and joking! πŸ˜‚ I laugh so hard when I am with her! Oh so she
drove to her friends house for the first time after her accident and
we drove right behind her and oh my gosh. It was the scariest moment
of my life.
Saturday we visited people. Met with our relief society president.
Visited Sister Collier again. We were helping her pack for Utah to
visit her daughter. We were in her bedroom and she goes "oh my
goodness, I need to go to the bathroom" and we were like okay and she
stands there and starts farting!! And bends over and everything and
goes "oh my goodness I am so embarrassed" Sister Summers and I were
dying laughing!! Sister Collier grabs my arm and says "MOVE" and walks to the bathroom πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ funniest lady ever!! We visited with her neighbor, Ruthanne after. Sunday we had breakfast and correlation with the Cassels! We had PEC.
In Sacrament meeting, Sister Summers and I had to say the opening and closing prayer. Hannah gave her homecoming talk.
We ate dinner with the Richards. Their oldest daughter Eliza comes in the kitchen with a Book of Mormon and says it's the "Book of Mickey Mouse. Book of Mickey Mormon" it was really funny. After dinner their son wanted to play baseball and his mom is pregnant and it was cute watching her throw the ball and hit the ball with the bat. That night we had a youth face to face event where they got to send in questions for us, bishop, and Hannah. It was a lot of fun! We have some great youth in this ward.
I think that is everything but I probably forgot something lol.
I hope everyone has a great week!