Monday, November 28, 2016

Miracles through walking!

Hello again!!

Thanksgiving I ate turkey, Mac n cheese, sweet potato casserole, green
beans, pumpkin pie. And I honestly don't remember what else 😂

Friday we did service for Sister Croy. We cleaned her bathroom. Went
over to Sister Millers house and showed her the Christmas video
#LightTheWorld. Had correlation meeting with our ward mission leader
and our District Leader and one of our Zone Leaders (they were on
exchanges). Our District Leader showed our ward mission leader what
air drop was 😂 we stopped by and saw Amanda and her kids. Her little
boy was climbing all over me and doing back flips while holding on to
my hands.. crazy kid. Not being allowed to hold children is the
hardest thing! We showed them the Christmas video. We went over to
Brother Brinkleys and showed him and his granddaughter, Tobie, the
video. Brother Brinkley is blind so he listened to it! I don't
remember what we did after that.. that night we fed the Fletchers cats
and fish.

Saturday we did service for Sister Miller. We cleaned her house
because her dogs destroyed it with toilet paper.. we also gave them a
bath.. that was fun. I was soaked and it looked like I gave myself a
bath with the dogs 😂 we had a lesson with Sister Torres, a less
active member. We mostly just got to know her more and shared the
Christmas video with her. The Martinez family cancelled but said they
would be at church on Sunday (they didn't..) ate dinner at the Cains.
Fed the Fletchers cats and fish and played with one of the cats.

Sunday we had ward council. A couple of days ago we received a
voicemail from this guy in the Harrisburg ward (not in our mission)
saying that one of his friends has been going to church with him but
lives in downtown elkton (our area) and will be coming to our ward on
Sunday and told us to look for her and her two sons. Well, she came!
She is so sweet. She is from Peru. She was well welcomed. The topic
during church was all about baptism and during relief society she
wrote a note to my companion saying that she wants to start taking the
discussions for baptism!! We are hoping that we can get her baptized
before this transfer ends!! (Transfers are December 13th)
By the way, the Fletchers are back in town!!
We are also over miles so we had to get a ride to and from church.
After church we were walking down a highway and a car stops and a
young lady gets out and says something like "what are you sisters
doing? You are the ones living at Charlestown crossing right?" And we
said ya and she mentioned she would take the sisters places and
offered to give us a ride to red toad road, where we were going to
tract. We said yes and got in. She told us if anyone else stops and
offers to give us a ride, say no! I promise mom and dad that I will
never again get into a strangers car! Except for hers, she was super
nice!! And when we got home, there was bags of food at our door, FROM
HER!! She is literally the sweetest girl I've ever met!!! I just love
people. 😁
Oh and when we were knocking on doors trying to show the Christmas
video to everyone, nobody would let us in. Finally, the last one we
knocked on, a lady answered the door and let us in and we shared the
video with her and her son and testified of our savior and God and she
invited us to come back!
Our dinner calendar got passed around at church and we literally have
a dinner appointment every day this week!

Tonight surprisingly, we are not going to the Fletchers 😶 we are
going to Sister Rosa Carrillos. She's the sweetest and always cooks us
3 course meals!

Well, I love you all! Can you believe I'm almost at my 10 month mark?
I feel like I just hit my 9..

Oh and everyone go to Mormon.org and watch and share the video!!! #LightTheWorld

I sadly don't have any pictures.....

Have a great and safe week!!!
- Sister Gronning